The European Startup Prize for Mobility: an unprecedented programme in Europe.
Co-founded in 2017 by Karima Delli – Chairwoman of the European Parliament’s Transport and Tourism Committee – Via ID – Mobivia‘s investment fund and mobility startups accelerator – and the Boston Consulting Group – a strategy consulting firm – the European Startup Prize for Mobility is an acceleration and investment programme dedicated to sustainable mobility startups in Europe.
What is the goal of this public-private initiative? To support and develop smart and sustainable mobility startups throughout Europe, in order to bring out the future leaders of tomorrow’s mobility. Each year, more than 500 startups from all European countries apply to the EUSP, which means more than 2,000 startups since its launch.
In a time of climate emergency that has just been confirmed by the latest IPCC report, innovation must more than ever be a virtuous catalyst for more sustainable mobility. The challenge for Europe is to preserve its leadership in innovation by supporting its network of startups. This is the role of the European Startup Prize for Mobility, founded five years ago, and which has established itself as a key event in the sustainable mobility ecosystem and which every year gathers a growing community and ever more committed institutions.
A launch event at the Ministry of Transport for the 5th edition of the Prize
Last Wednesday, April 19th, the 5th edition of the EUSP was launched at the Ministry of Transport in the presence of Clément Beaune, Minister Delegate in charge of Transport, Karima Delli, President of the European Parliament’s Committee on Transport and Tourism, and alongside the Prize’s partners.
This 5th edition of the EUSP, of which we are co-founders, is gaining in maturity and strengthening to further support innovative sustainable mobility startups in their international expansion. For the first time, we will organize a Demo Day for the TOP 50 gathering more than 150 investors. The acceleration and investment programme for the TOP 10 focuses on three key topics: European public affairs, funding and international development. We will be keen to bring, through the advocacy of the EUSP, the voice of the best mobility startups to institutions with the support of Karima Delli again this year.
16 exceptional partners
Indeed, the EUSP now brings together 16 exceptional partners: the EIT Urban Mobility, Groupe RATP, Crédit Agricole Auto Bank, European Climate Foundation, Mobilians, Groupe ADP, Europcar, Volta Trucks, GRDF, European Clean Trucking Alliance, Voies Navigables de France, Europe’s rail, Die Autobahn, Roland Berger et Shift4Good.
Why and how to apply for the European Startup Prize for Mobility?
For the TOP 50:
- The opportunity to be highlighted by the EUSP and to use the TOP 50 EUSP label in their communications.
- Access to the Demo Day planned by Via ID with an audience of +150 investors.
- The opportunity to make a common plea for European institutions, with their vision of innovative mobility in Europe.
For the TOP 10:
- The elements listed above.
- Access to Via ID’s European support and investment programme, based on three pillars: lobbying & networking, business & international mentoring and financing.
- The opportunity to benefit from individual coaching by Via ID.
For the TOP 3:
- The elements listed above.
- As well as a personalized support by Roland Berger.
Special Prizes will also be awarded, allowing the winning startups to benefit from the Prize’s partners endowments (visibility, financing, etc.). Here is the list of Special Prizes:
- Logistics and Freight, awarded by GRDF
- Corporate Mobility and Intermodality, awarded by Groupe ADP
- Sustainable passenger experience and operational excellence awarded by RATP
- Scale-ups, awarded by the European Investment Bank
- Urban Mobility, awarded by EIT Urban Mobility
- Digital and Green Rail Mobility, awarded by Shift2Rail
- Zero Emission Vehicles, awarded by ECTA and Volta Trucks
- River Mobility, awarded by Voies navigables de France
- Circular Mobility Design and Manufacturing, awarded by the European Climate Foundation
- Sustainable and Digital Highway Infrastructure, awarded by Die Autobahn
- Inclusive Mobility, under the patronage of Karima Delli
- Fintech for Mobility, awarded by Crédit Agricole Auto Bank
- UkrainianTech, under the patronage of Maroš Šefčovič
All participants can apply for the 13 partner-sponsored Special Prizes, to be recognized as the best in their category and enjoy the benefits offered by the partners
Who can apply and how?
The EUSP is aimed at startups created in Europe with an innovative sustainable mobility product or solution with a positive environmental and societal impact and a potential for international development.
Applicants must submit their applications on the application platform before June 20. They will then be evaluated by more than a hundred mobility experts led and supported by Via ID.
European Startup Prize for Mobility’s key dates
- 19 April – Launch of call for startups
- 20 June – End of call for startups
- 14 September – TOP 50 announcement
- 25 October – TOP 10 and Special Prizes announcement, the Prize Ceremony in the European Parliament in Brussels
- November – Launch of Via ID’s acceleration and investment programme for 3 months