Vroomly : the essential tool for garage owners and motorists
After 4 years of existence, the startup supports more than 4 000 workshops and offers 2 services:
- Vroomly Booking: which eases making appointments with garage owners, thanks to an online booking service. A platform that has 1.7 million monthly visitors. It is also, for motorists, a way to find a mechanic they can trust, as well as an essential tool to develop the customer base of garages.
- Vroomly Parts: is the 1st spare parts comparator designed by and for garages, who can then buy all their parts on the same platform, at the best quality-price ratio. Moreover, the catalog of their platform has just doubled. Vroomly Parts’ mechanics partners can now choose among more than 1,3M references: car parts, tools, consumables, tires, etc.
The company has gone even further by offering an online training service for garage owners with the Vroomly Academy. In February 2022, Vroomly launched its first annual barometer and unveiled its analysis of the car maintenance market.
The analysis of the car maintenance market by Vroomly
Launched in February 2022, the startup’s first barometer is based on data from the year 2021. It was made on the basis of the 200,000 quotes calculated per day on Vroomly in 4,000 partner garages spread throughout France.
This barometer provides key statistics and a detailed annual analysis of the car maintenance market: most popular services online, most popular types of vehicles, etc. .
What are the most searched services and what is their price?
In 2021, the 5 most searched services by motorists via Vroomly are:
- The overhaul
- The suspension
- The distribution
- And the clutch
Despite the health crisis, the price of workshop interventions and by region has remained stable. Except for overhaul and clutch interventions where an average decrease of 40€ has been noted between January 2020 and January 2022.
- The lowest average price of interventions in France is practiced in the following regions: Pays de la Loire, Centre-Val de Loire and Bourgogne-Franche-Comté.
- The highest prices: Ile-de-France, PACA and Aquitaine.
43.9% of appointments booked online are made in Île-de-France
Vroomly indicates that almost one appointment out of two, taken on their platform, is booked from Ile-de-France.
A gap in online appointment booking is observed between regions. Nevertheless, motorists are more and more digitized and an increasing number of appointments has been observed in Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes, Occitanie and PACA.
City cars are the most valued cars online via Vroomly
On Vroomly, city cars represent 54% of the estimates.
This can be explained by:
- The choice of digital for car maintenance
- The lower cost of maintenance. Indeed, the maintenance of a city car costs on average 214€ to its owner, an SUV costs 17% more.
Par ailleurs, les essences affichent un prix moyen d’intervention de 184€, quand les diesel sont plus de 25% plus chers.
On the other hand, petrol cars have an average intervention price of 184€, while diesel cars are more than 25% more expensive.