In partnership with Dealroom, the Mobility Club by Via ID is really pleased to present the report State of European Mobility Startups 2021. This is the most comprehensive, data-driven report about the European mobility landscape.
Thanks to this report, you’ll learn everything about venture capital and corporate venture capital in European mobility startups, but also regional and sector analysis.
2021 was such an incredible year when it comes to mobility in Europe, with many exits, 14 new unicorns and $14 billion VC investments in European mobility startups (a 2.6 increase compared to 2020).
Venture capital and corporate venture in European mobility
European mobility startups reached an all-time high enterprise value of $227 billion. Driven by megarounds, especially in electric vehicles (Northvolt, Polestar, Ionity…), but also newly born unicorns, the European mobility landscape has grown. SPACs exits also played a key role when it comes to increasing the overall enterprise value of European mobility startups.
Regional and sector analysis
Globally, share of venture capital in European mobility startups reached its highest level ever, especially when it comes to seed-stage investments. Sector-wise, EV startups (battery and charging) were highly funded compared to 2020, as well as logistics startups (10-min delivery and industrial logistics).
Another super interesting sector to be scrutinized is micromobility: with M&A activity and the first micromobility operators that went public in 2021, we can deep-dive into the economics of those highly operational business models.
About the Mobility Club by Via ID
The Mobility Club connects corporates with startups, and provides its members with a deep understanding of the key trends in mobility and smart city, but also with new business perspectives through investment and/or partnership opportunities.
The value proposition of the Mobility Club is built around 3 main pillars:
- Mobility Insights: Via ID decodes and analyzes for you the major innovations of the market. You will have monthly access to exclusive content: sectoral and thematic analyses, mappings, interviews, debriefs following key tech & mobility events, insights from our international offices.
- Events & Networking: At the heart of its ecosystem, Via ID gives you access to a qualified network of experts, corporates, institutions, startups and investors.
- Deal- low & Project flow: With access to a deal flow of +600 startups per year worldwide, Via ID gives you the benefit of its sourcing capacity and helps you to identify your future partners.
Dealroom.co is the foremost data provider on startup, early-stage and growth company ecosystems in Europe and around the globe.
Founded in Amsterdam in 2013, we now work with many of the world’s most prominent investors, entrepreneurs and government organizations to provide transparency, analysis and insights on venture capital activity.
If you want to download the report State of European Mobility Startups 2021, all you have to do is complete the following form!
You’ll learn everything about CVC activity in European Mobility Startups, in addition to quantitative deep-dives into venture capital in mobility, sector and regional analysis:
- Which sectors attracted most of corporate investments?
- What is the share of corporate investments in mobility startups?
- How many mobility unicorns does Europe count?
- Which cities are placed as key hubs for mobility in Europe?
- Which European country has received the most investment in 2021?