Following the launch of its 5th edition at the Ministry of Transport in Paris last April, a record of +700 applications, several weeks of analysis – with the help of +90 independent evaluators – and the establishment of a TOP 50, the European Startup Prize for Mobility unveils its TOP 10 sustainable mobility startups, finalists of the 2023 edition.
The EUSP is a public-private initiative co-founded in 2017 by Karima Delli – Chairwoman of the European Parliament’s Committee on Transport and Tourism – and Via ID, with the aim of supporting and accompanying the best innovative sustainable mobility projects in their European expansion.
Who are the 5th edition 10 winning startups?
The selected projects are representative of market trends, particularly in the deeptech and electrical sectors, and reflect the market in terms of geography. The EUSP TOP10 in a few figures:
of gender-balanced founding teams
of startups contributing to reducing the carbon footprint of mobility
How does Via ID contribute to the European Startup Prize for mobility?
As a co-founder, Via ID is putting its expertise at the service of the EUSP in order to:
- Define the analysis criteria. Eligible startups were evaluated according to the following criteria:
– Business model (innovation, market, execution, team).
– Social and environmental responsibility (environmental impact and climate, social and territorial inclusion).
– European development potential.
- Lead the selection process to evaluate the eligible startups (to identify the TOP50 and TOP10).
- Build the key acceleration program for the finalist startups.
What are the next steps for the European Startup Prize for Mobility?
- The award ceremony will take place on October 26, 2023 at the European Parliament in Brussels. It will bring together the EUSP TOP 10 and the entire European Startup Prize for Mobility ecosystem (partners, VCs, co-founders, press, institutions, etc.). In addition to the winners of this call for projects, “Special Prizes” will be awarded by the Prize’s partners, providing further opportunities for visibility and commercial partnerships for the selected projects.
- The TOP 10 startups will begin the acceleration program – designed by Via ID to support their expansion on a European scale – on November 2nd, 2023. What’s more, the top 4 (selected during the ceremony) will also have access to personalized coaching by Roland Berger.
- Founders of the TOP10 will be able to pitch their startups at high-profile events such as Slush, the Web Summit and Lucerne Dialogue, as well as at the European Parliament. They will also be able to seize investment opportunities at a Demo Day, planned in January 2024, which will bring together over 100 European investors and corporates.
- Finally, the finalists will get involved in the forthcoming European parliamentary elections by presenting their own Manifesto next spring, designed with the prize startup community.